Instead of just a plain old sky box hooked up to your TV, would it not be better to have a box/PC that does your cable TV and internet requirements? There are some cable TV possibilities out there via your PC. I just don't think they're there right yet. I know for a fact that SKY TV users in the UK can watch SKY via the internet. This is however an additional paid service on top of your normal SKY service.
What I'm talking about is watching SKY then pressing the internet button, opening perhaps a windows session with a wireless keyboard, wireless mouse etc. I currently have a PC hooked up to my TV and I switch between SKY and that. I just don't think I should have to.
The introduction of the LED Televisions with built in wireless could well be the way. However the processes in the TV's are still far from being up to it. I know there is work being done with hard coded widgets that are available thanks to some pioneering work by Yahoo! For example in the UK you will be able to bring up a betting widget (provided by Betfair) during a football game and bet on your team!
The introduction of the LED Televisions with built in wireless could well be the way. However the processes in the TV's are still far from being up to it. I know there is work being done with hard coded widgets that are available thanks to some pioneering work by Yahoo! For example in the UK you will be able to bring up a betting widget (provided by Betfair) during a football game and bet on your team!
Something to think about. I'm sure there'll be some good options soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment