Sunday, 21 March 2010

Has Palm done its dash?

Palm seems to have been around for ever. They put the S in smartphone back in the day. I could never really afford their phones but I longed to have one. Now I use the Apple Iphone 3GS and can't really see myself switching to Palm and their not so latest Palm Pre. The Palm Pre never really took off. They launched it in the US and then took their time getting it out to Europe and the rest of the world. It arrived too late for most places and the consumers didn't really pick up and run with it. The design in my opinion was flawed by the tacky keyboard that slid out. One thing I was impressed with was their new Web O/S. If I was them I'd build on this platform as it's bloody good! They need to focus more on the hardware aspect of the phone. Get out there Palm and ask the consumers what they want and what designs they like. I for one think there's definitely a place for Palm in the smartphone market. I think they need to get the design of the next phone right and they'll be away laughing. Otherwise sayoonara Palm...

No comments:

Post a Comment